SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is the government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world. This is not a grant – you are entitled to this money under the Income Tax Act.
Many incorporated Tech and IT companies qualify for this program. If you answer yes to any of the following questions you could be sitting on an untapped refund.
- Is your Tech or IT company incorporated?
- Have you developed any state-of-art software or hardware?
- Does your work push boundaries in IT or computer science?
- Does your work involve applied mathematics or novel algorithms?
- Are you facing technological or scientific uncertainty with devices or technologies?
- Are you attempting to achieve an advancement in knowledge in a field of information technology or computer science?